Tags: amount, complications, dental, drugs, health, impacted, medications, pretty, removal, standard, straightforward, teeth, time, tooth, wisdom
How Much Time Off Work After Wisdom Tooth Removal?
I'm getting four wisdom teeth removed. Pretty straightforward, no impacted teeth or complications of any kind. What's the standard amount of time people take off work after getting their wisdom teeth removed?
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- Depends. With one which was just pulled out, I took the rest of the afternoon off and went to work the following day. With one that had to be cut off (minor dental surgery and I ended up looking like a lopsized guinea pig for a few days because of the swelling), I took three days, but worked from home as I didn't really feel that awful.#1; Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:46:00 GMT
- Thanks, but I'm getting all four removed at once. What do you think?#2; Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:47:00 GMT
- When my daughter had all four out she took the next day. She was lucky and had no problems.#3; Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:48:00 GMT
- I'm getting four wisdom teeth removed. Pretty straightforward, no impacted teeth or complications of any kind. What's the standard amount of time people take off work after getting their wisdom teeth removed?
It depends on how well you heal and handle pain if you have any. For me, I had 4 wisdom teeth removed at once and went back to work the next day. I was fine, didn't even need pain relievers but I've always been one to heal well. I've known people who took the opportunity to take a week off. I think it also depends on your workplace too, how strict they are about you taking sick time off...some workplace might want you to provide a dr.'s note too.#4; Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:49:00 GMT
- I took the next day of as well and that was it. Had all four done at one time. Never took my pain meds...didn't need them.#5; Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:50:00 GMT